Thursday, September 10, 2009

Demolition Derby!!!

Okay..so this post is a little late but its better late then never, right?? A few weeks ago it was the Washington County Fair and they have a Demolition Derby on the closing night of the fair. My manager at work and my hubby decided to get a car ready and and go crash it. In the Washington County Fair my manager is the one who drove the car and Kris and a couple of other guys were in the pit crew. They had so much fun and did surprisingly well for never doing it before and putting the car together in a matter of weeks. Some of the guys take months to get their cars ready.

Well the car survived so we headed off to the Iron County Fair and that is when my hubby got his chance to drive. He was so excited. It was all he could talk about. We probably had the smallest car there but Kris didn't care. He went out ready to CRASH!! He was doing pretty good...until a car came from the oppisite side of the arena and hit him HARD!! I am not going to lie, I was scared. But my hubby survived. The same cant be said about the car. Kris ended up with some bruises, but he loved every minute of it and is already planning on doing it next year. He has plenty of helpers now that all of his friends seen how much fun he had. I asked him to take a couple months off and maybe start on his car after Christmas...we'll see!!
The Whole gang at the Washington County Fair
The car Before....
The "PIT CREW" The car after....

The car after... the Iron County Fair
The car had to be carried on a forklift...it looked so sad

Kris in action. He's #77


Right after the crash... I was a little nervous


All the cars being announced



All the cars getting ready
P.S. And in case you were wondering I did feel like a redneck but it was still a lot of fun and I was so happy for my husband. He really enjoyed himself and that's all the matters, Right??







1 comment:

  1. that picture of the car "after" doesn't even look like a car! I do love demo derbys, but I don't think I could handle my hubby being in one, I am a little overprotective. I am so glad he had fun! I love to watch them. =)

    ReplyDelete